Sunday, January 2, 2011

Single Celebs We Love: What Chilli Wants


Happy New Year Singlelistas!

I hope you all brought in 2011 with grand style. 

We told you last year that 2011 would be the Year of the Single Woman, why else would it begin with 1-1-11?!?

If you're rolling solo then this is sure to be your year, so if you didn't toast to yourself when the clock struck midnight, then I think now is a great time to raise a glass in honor of your fearless, flawless self! 

This year The Singles' Salon resolves to continue to give you the news you need to live life freely and happily. 

We hope that you will resolve to continue to give yourself permission to find happiness within, and use the time and the freedom you now have to live your best life and make an indelible impact on the world!

Okay, ladies enough of the sappy talk.

Let's get to the fab at hand!

Last year (i.e. last week. Lol! I love that!) we told you that we were working on a really cool article for you. Now you know that we don't normally post on Sundays here, but tonight is a big night for single women everywhere so we had to make an exception.

This evening at 9 PM EST, superstar singlelista Chilli, from the iconic girl power group, TLC will debut season 2 of her hit reality show, What Chilli Wants!

Now you should know that I absolutely LIVE for this show, because unlike other dating shows out there, this isn't about Ms. Chilli's search for a man.  Instead it chronicles her commitment to dating and waiting until she finds THE man.

This singlelista may not be too proud to beg, but she certainly is too fly to settle, and that's why we love her so!


The Singles' Salon had the privilege of  attending the sneak peak party of What Chilli Wants, and one thing we can tell you is that Chilli is dishing out lots of eye candy for all of us single girls at home. 

Now, while most of the cuties won't measure up to her standards, they are just right for spending your Sunday nights at home on boy watch- after all, what better way is there to kick off the start of a brand new week?

*cue It's Raining Men*

Halleluiah!

Season 2 of What Chilli Wants promises lots of fun, cute guys, and great entertainment, but more importantly- a weekly reminder of the importance of owning your self worth

In tomorrow's post, we'll share what we learned from our one-on-one interview with the crazy, sexy, cool singlelista.  But today we thought we'd give you just a sample of the amazing time we had at her premiere party.

What Chilli Wants airs tonight at 9 PM EST on VH-1.  What we want is for you to grab your favorite bottle of wine and watch this wonder woman hold it down for all the single ladies everywhere!




Quick Q&A with Chilli






Q: Are you excited about the second season of "What Chilli Wants"? How does it feel to watch it with all these people [at the party] ?
 A: "I'm excited! It's weird to watch it with everyone but I'm very happy about it."

Q: What's the weirdest thing about dating on national television?

A: "It's strange to go out with guys who know things about me but I don't know anything about them."

Q: How do feel about viewers' reaction to the infamous "list"?

A: "I think every woman should have a list. I'm not asking for anything that I'm not bringing to the table."

Q: What have you learned about yourself (as it relates to dating) since the first season of "What Chilli Wants"?

A: "I learned that I was right. You should have standards. You should always know what you want."
 
A Single Sound bite- Audience Reactions
 
 




"I'm very excited...I really like [Chilli] as a person, she's really down to earth."

"That's one reality show I watch because she's real whether you like it or not."

"I loved the first season. I'm sure she's grown since then."

"I think she's awesome!"

"I'm glad they came out with another season...I'm ready to see what happens....the snippets are like teases." 

"I think it's interesting to start off [the first season] with Mayweather. I think she'll end up with him."

hmmm....!!!

"I  like [the show]. I think she's adorable. I get where she's coming from."

"I hope she finds love. I'm not sure if [the show] is the most traditional way but it gets a lot of attention. I'm rooting for her."

And so are we!

Whether Chilli finds what she wants this season or not, we are certain that she found the key to happiness a long time ago-- loving yourself first.

And that is...Ooooh...on the TLC tip!

Sorry! I just had to get that in there!

Love life...every SINGLE moment of it!
-xoxo

Contributing writer: Evita Broughton
Photo Credits: Antonio Scott
 

Singles Salon Copyright © 2010 Single Salon designed by Batchelor Design Studio