Thursday, July 15, 2010

Singlelista Approved: Body Mist


O-M-G!! Could it get any hotter? 

I know that all winter we moaned and groaned about how cold it was, but Mother Nature is seriously playing games with this heat wave that she's giving us.  If her point is to teach us not to complain, then

Note to M.N.: We got the memo!!

Now, I'm probably about to commit a crime against humanity by mentioning these two products in the same post, but I'm willing to put my neck on the line in my quest to bring singlelistas news about all things fab! (Now THAT's commitment!)



Okay, here goes...

My absolute fave fragrance is Creed Love in White (ahhh...even the names smells beautiful!) but in this sweltering weather we've been experiencing, I just can't bring myself to sweat off the aromatic hand-made blend, which has notes of orange zest, daffodils and magnolia, among others.  Retailing at $235 for the 2.5 oz, Love in White was simply not intended to be subjected to such unsavory conditions.



The problem, however, is that my propensity to perspire in this rain forest climate further exacerbates my need to be fragrant and fresh, because after all, smelling...ahem...un-fresh is not fab!

*Dear Creed gods, please forgive me for daring to even mention your name in association with the following low-priced fragrance line. I vow to give you your own post in the immediate future, as a humble attempt to make amends. -hangs head in shame-*

I've been seeing ads for both Degree and Dove body mists in fashion and beauty magazines for a while now, and while picking up a few toiletry essentials in the drug store today I figure I'd test them out.

The verdict, ladies? Not bad!  

No, they aren't a substitute for fine perfume by any stretch, but they do offer a crisp, cool, refreshing hint of fragrance which is perfect for these hot summer days. 

Now to clarify, I'm not recommending these as substitute aromas for date night with your crush or even for a night out with the girls, but if you're headed to the office, leaving the gym, or stepping out of a refreshing end-of-the-day shower, these mists might be just the the fab fairy ordered.

Retailing at around $3.95 you can afford to spritz them on and sweat them off as much as you'd like, a quality that has become quite necessary these days. 

From the Dove Body Mist collection, my faves are the go fresh Burst with nectarine and white ginger, and the go fresh Revive with pomegranate and lemon verbena (No, I don't know what verbena is either, but it smells really yummy!). 
Degree offers two lines of body fragrance: Degree Nature Effects and Degree Fine Fragrances (The name of the latter is a little bit of an overstatement, I have to say). 

The Nature Effects line was by far my favorite, and from it I chose the Energizing Olive Leaf and Pink Pepper fragrance.  It was pleasant, spicy, and made with PINK pepper!  How could I possibly say no to that?

From the Fine Fragrance collection (yeah...I'm really having a hard time even typing "fine fragrance" in reference to Degree.) I chose the Classic Romance.  With a floral blend of roses and peonies, it was soft, subtle, and well...romantic!



Recognizing that scent preferences are highly personal, I recommend that you test each fragrance for yourself to see what works best for you. At under $5 a bottle, you could really just buy and test them all (OK, maybe not). 

Whichever individual scent(s) you choose, feel free to spray and sweat in confidence, knowing that these products are Singlelista Approved!

(Oh...and stay tuned for my upcoming Creed post. You know it's going to be good...I've got to get back in the luxe gods' good graces!)

Love life...every SINGLE moment of it!
-xoxo
 

Singles Salon Copyright © 2010 Single Salon designed by Batchelor Design Studio